The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) is using several different social media channels to inform about the swine flu besides the traditional (Web 1.0) channels, such as frequent press briefings, general information in audio and video, etc.:
- Updates from the H1N1 page haven an RSS feed.
- Frequent updates are spread using Twitter.
- Video updates are posted using podcasts.
- Image sharing on the CDCs Flickr site.
- Buttons for your website.
- Information sharing on MySpace‘s e-health page and daily strength group.
- Updates can be shared using several different services (Google Reader, Bookmarks, Delicious, Facebook, Digg, etc.).
- e-Cards to send by email to family members and friends to remind people to wash their hands.
- Agencies can embed a flu widget on their page.
On the funny side: Do you have swine flu?